Well, that appeared to be a bit more work than expected as we had to avoid any cracks or bends on the newly built deck.
Wow, that was one of the most amazing parts of the restoration process. It is very exciting when you put the bate on the shiny and polished wood. You never know before how the colour will come along and if weiterlesen
Last step on the outer woodwork. To really get a good result and to have no scratches in the wood it is neccessary to sand the wood using different grid papers from 600 down to 2800. Made all by hand weiterlesen
The fore deck has been built in the same way. It was somewhat more difficult due to the curvings on the front, but worked out very good in the end.
After the engine covers were done, we tried to get the original prefabricated deck layers for the Trione from RIVA Sarnico. Unfortunately, they were not available anymore, so we had to go another hard way. At the end, we were weiterlesen
It was quite tricky to get the covers aligned and not to loose the overall shape of the rear deck. We had to built some patterns to get this right.
The engine covers had to be realized from solid wood as no original parts were available. Glad I had Jochen with me relaizing that work. We choosed very hard wood to male them as solid as possible as they would weiterlesen
This really was a hard work to perform, as no plans were available from RIVA. Luckily we found a shipbuilder from the Netherlands restoring as well a Tritone. He was really helpful by letting us have a view on his weiterlesen
The bottom got glued again and fixed with new stainless steel screws instead of chromed brass screws. All screw holes (bottom and sides) have been filled up with epoxy before the screws went in to avoid water coming in at weiterlesen
The side planks have been sanded down as well to see all little cracks and openings. It was clear quite fast, that we would have to redo the sides totally. We decided not to go the original way of just weiterlesen